Between August 2011 and March 2012, 23 people took part in our ILF Venture programme with 21 setting up new companies.
In October 2013, 11 individuals joined the current Venture programme. They are planning businesses that include large scale furniture installations, luxury textiles, children's clothing, ceramics and homeware products. And, in September 2014 11 people formed the programme's fourth cohort.
- A structured programme of workshops covering business planning, marketing business, ﬁnance and cash ﬂows, presentation, negotiation skills and sales techniques
- Builds conﬁdence and entrepreneurial skills
- Making new contacts and a support network
- Setting up as a business or sole trader
- Up to £1,000 bursary once set up to assist with business costs
|Blueprinting at an ILF Venture workshop|
“Thank you for your help and support in setting my business up! I really couldn’t have had the good start without ILF Venture.” Danielle Goodall, make up artist
“I wanted to express my gratitude. I now know how to run myself as a freelancer. I understand accounts, bookkeeping and genuinely feel that although it would have worked out eventually, I got a massive head start by doing ILF Venture.” Will Cutler, F7
“The course has been useful to me, given me conﬁdence to move forward and out of my comfort zone. It has opened doors.” Tahmina Latif, textile designer