1000 trades is an independent craft bar due to open in the Jewellery Quarter in March 2016. The owners are keen to commission furniture particularly tables and chairs that celebrates craft in all its forms.
“This is an ideal opportunity for talented designers to showcase their work to a wide audience,” says co-owner John Stapleton
“We’ll credit all work and contact details can be affixed to items .We will of course pay for work but you will appreciate that we are working to a strict budget.”
The bar will seat approximately 50 people in total throughout. It will be split into two levels and food served will focus on casual dining.
Interested designers are welcome to visit the site on Frederick Street to get a feel for the new venue. The photographs below show the space as it currently exists before any redesign work.
|Interior of Frederick St venue before redesign|
· The style of chairs may be varied as long as each offers a reasonable degree of comfort. In other words, no church pews.
· Wood is the preferred material but happy to take other proposals.
· Tables should be of a suitable height for dining/drinking. Likewise, chairs for sitting at those tables.
· Re-conditioned furniture is fine. We will not be in a position to afford all commissions from scratch.
· Everything needs to be quite hard wearing, and treated.
· Two required to seat 6-8.
· Several to seat 4 and several to seat 2.
· Versatility is also desirable (space will have multiple uses).
· Brief description (example pics if possible).
· Approximate dimensions.
· Proposed fee.
For further information or to send proposals please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Ground floor facing street before redesign|